Friday, January 16, 2009

What a Mess

No, I am not talking about my flooring, although that is still a mess too. I am talking about my life this week.

1. My ski boots still hurt - I tried them on last night and could only wear them for about 40 minutes before the little toes in my left foot started to go numb. The right ones were not far behind. Why don't they make ski boots for wide feet!?!? I can't be the only person with "fat calfs" who wants to ski. Makes me feel so low about myself and the fact that I haven't lost any weight in over 3 months. I know the holidays and the stress eating are a factor, but....sigh.

2. My son is disrupting class, throwing major temper tantrums, and actually bit the neighbor girl this week. It has been so much worse since the 3 week break from school. I talked to the teacher and she said the most distressing part is the way he yells and talks to the kids. He just blows up instantly. He doesn't understand that when he leaves an area, other kids are free to play with the stuff he left behind. I have no idea how to teach him this, but right now we are concentrating on the not yelling. It is very hard becasue when I get mad I do yell...I am trying to break this habit. We have an appointment with or ped. on Monday to talk to her about things, hopefully she can give us some insight. I never wanted my kid to be that troublemaker in class and I feel so helpless because I can't control him at home and now that is spilling over. Maybe I really am a bad mother. If I can't handle two, what makes me think I can handle three?

3. $$ - isn't it always a worry. We were thinking of putting Connor in Martial arts to help improve his confidence, concentration, and self control. They want $120 a month for an hours worth of lessons....that's 4 hours for $120 or $30 an hour....seems on the high side to me. We have budgeted $70 per month for kids activities. Right now swimming takes all of that and then some, so we are operating in the red in that department. On top of that we are going skiing in Feb to be with my parents and brother before he is deployed. My dad is paying the air fare, condo, and rental car - you would think that woud be the expensive part...Ryan and I have our own equipment (sort of, see above), so it should just be rental and lessons for Connor, daycare for Wyatt and lift for Ryan and I.....but no, my DH has decided he needs to get new gear to meet the demands of a Colorado winter. Where the heck is the money coming from...trees....AGH!

4. Getting screwed over by the Craigslist Lady - posted all name brand clothes, showed me the top 5 items in bag. When I unpacked the rest of the bag they were all dirty clothes. Thank God all but 2 items are salvagable, but she also just gave me random things, not a whole lot of outfits...lesson learned.

Well, so we end another pity me party. Sorry guys, but since I really don't have anyone to talk to I am using this blog to help me with my feelings. Maybe by getting them out I will feel better.

1 comment:

  1. I feel your pain. But just to clarify something...you are an amazing mom! I can not tell you how many times I have striven to be half the mom you are with your kids. I know it doesn't make it easier right now, but I really, truly, believe you are one hell of a mother!!!

    ReplyDelete