4. Spoon into muffin cups (makes 12 - 20)
Thursday, January 29, 2009
4. Spoon into muffin cups (makes 12 - 20)
I have to say that within the first 25 pages I was laughing out loud. I LOVE Janet Evanovich!!! She is always good for a laugh so hard you almost pee your pants. I will not read her on the airplane because people look at me strange when I laugh. If you are looking for something to read that is light, this is for you.
In this episode Stephanie Plum is trying to track down a genius scientist who stole and invention he was working on and a big bad "Unmentionable"....Diesel is back and Morelli is NOT happy since his brother got kicked out by his wife and is now living with him. Chaos as only Stephanie could bring is out in full force. Can't wait to hear your thoughts.
Tuesday, January 27, 2009
I guess I also should clarify, the "friends" I am using here are the ones that you would do anything for...very close friends. I know some of you are going to read this and say "But I was her friend"...I know you are, but, crap how to say this, acquaintance friends...we don't usually hang out unless there is a function we attend together. I am talking about the type of really good friend that you call up everyday type of friend....God, I hope I haven't just lost what few people who still like me...sh--!!
I think I am going to end now and hope that you will still talk to me next time you see me...sigh...more tears...crap
Wednesday, January 21, 2009
Even though we have two kids he does still have his own seperate toy room where Lego's that are too small for Wyatt are kept. I am sure this is a factor, as is the point that when I get mad, I do yell. I am really trying to work on this, but it is hard. Another point is that the girls next door are older and probably not the ideal playmates. My life is a lot easier when they haven't been around for a couple of days.
I sure hope this is normal growing pains and that we are worrying for nothing
Friday, January 16, 2009
1. My ski boots still hurt - I tried them on last night and could only wear them for about 40 minutes before the little toes in my left foot started to go numb. The right ones were not far behind. Why don't they make ski boots for wide feet!?!? I can't be the only person with "fat calfs" who wants to ski. Makes me feel so low about myself and the fact that I haven't lost any weight in over 3 months. I know the holidays and the stress eating are a factor, but....sigh.
2. My son is disrupting class, throwing major temper tantrums, and actually bit the neighbor girl this week. It has been so much worse since the 3 week break from school. I talked to the teacher and she said the most distressing part is the way he yells and talks to the kids. He just blows up instantly. He doesn't understand that when he leaves an area, other kids are free to play with the stuff he left behind. I have no idea how to teach him this, but right now we are concentrating on the not yelling. It is very hard becasue when I get mad I do yell...I am trying to break this habit. We have an appointment with or ped. on Monday to talk to her about things, hopefully she can give us some insight. I never wanted my kid to be that troublemaker in class and I feel so helpless because I can't control him at home and now that is spilling over. Maybe I really am a bad mother. If I can't handle two, what makes me think I can handle three?
3. $$ - isn't it always a worry. We were thinking of putting Connor in Martial arts to help improve his confidence, concentration, and self control. They want $120 a month for an hours worth of lessons....that's 4 hours for $120 or $30 an hour....seems on the high side to me. We have budgeted $70 per month for kids activities. Right now swimming takes all of that and then some, so we are operating in the red in that department. On top of that we are going skiing in Feb to be with my parents and brother before he is deployed. My dad is paying the air fare, condo, and rental car - you would think that woud be the expensive part...Ryan and I have our own equipment (sort of, see above), so it should just be rental and lessons for Connor, daycare for Wyatt and lift for Ryan and I.....but no, my DH has decided he needs to get new gear to meet the demands of a Colorado winter. Where the heck is the money coming from...trees....AGH!
4. Getting screwed over by the Craigslist Lady - posted all name brand clothes, showed me the top 5 items in bag. When I unpacked the rest of the bag they were all dirty clothes. Thank God all but 2 items are salvagable, but she also just gave me random things, not a whole lot of outfits...lesson learned.
Well, so we end another pity me party. Sorry guys, but since I really don't have anyone to talk to I am using this blog to help me with my feelings. Maybe by getting them out I will feel better.
Sunday, January 11, 2009
Friday, January 9, 2009
I am so disappointed. I finally got the new Born shoes I had ordered and you guess it, they don't fit. They are NOT wide enough. I am so bummed. Now I have to send them back and pay shipping, unless my mom decides she wants them. They are so cute, black leather, Mary Jane style...$50 including the shipping...size 7.5 if anyone wants them.
I went to REI yesterday to get my ski boots fixed. $275 later we have some that the guy punched out, but when I was wearing them in the store they still started to hurt after 20 minutes. It felt somewhat like my foot was being pushed in and the middle of my foot was being pushed up. Does that make any sense to anyone? He told me that if these weren't big enough he would have to punch out the other side, but he didn't want to do that because it could weaken the arch....sigh. I am supposed to wear them here at home for 2 hours and then go back. Not only that, but while he was punching out my boot he got a hole in it and had to fix it with epoxy. Not sure how I really feel about that. He told me that the problem was not my EE feet, but the fat calf that I have.
Can you do exercises to slim down your calf? I got to tell you that I am feeling pretty low about myself right now. I know I am heavy and I have been working out at the gym fairly consistently 3 times a week, but I am going no where. I know I eat sweets when I am stressed and Ryan gone for 5 weeks, plus being stranded for 2 with the snow didn't help, but.....
Back to the gym I go for water aerobics this morning.
Wednesday, January 7, 2009
Why are kids so mouthy? Why is he testing me like this? I have guilt (see below) and then he does this which makes me angry. I got a book out the library, "What Kindergarten Teachers Know" which is billed as "practical and playful ways for parents to help children listen, learn and cooperate at home". I haven't started to read it yet since I just picked it up yesterday.
I would like to spend more time with him one on one, but both my boys are mom's boys. When I am sitting with one the other comes and bugs us until we include him. The fighting ensues....that is a topic for another time. I need to go get ready to start our day.
Tuesday, January 6, 2009
I like to think that I am a fairly intellegent person othewise I wouldn't have an engineering degree. I told myself that when I started this blog that I would be honest about how I really feel with almost everything. Right now I feel like a huge failure when it comes to my kids education. Many of you know that we chose to put Connor in another year of pre-school. We switched schools and found a program that was more structured and had a true Pre-K program. At the time when I interviewed the teacher she told me that in Feb of last year all of her students were at the beginning stages of reading. Which is something Ryan and I dearly want for our son. Connor is a very intellegent boy and everyone has told us that his vocabulary is highly advanced and that they can tell he has been read to. However, he has no interst in letters, numbers, or writing.
Now we are faced with the dreaded Kindergarten question. When we moved into this house it was supposed to be in one of the best school districts in the state....but what happens when the state is 45 out of 50 states ranked in education. Does that still make it a good school district? Reading on-line reviews of the school he would attend were he to go into public schools I found things like, "there is no educational challenge, the teachers can do it, so can the students, but the administration won't let them" and "there is no parent involvement".
It is that last one that really got me thinking. Have I been an involved parent? Or have I just sat on the sidelines and waited for someone else to educate my child? Is that why I think he is behind? I have all the best intentions...we have the flashcards and workbooks...but I can never make the time to sit down and do them with him. I really has no interest in them either and it is a struggle to do them, but should I be insisting that he do them more often? It seems like the only time we have alone together is when Wyatt is napping. Sometimes Wyatt falls alseep in the car before we pick Connor up and by the time I get home and fix lunch, Wyatt is awake, leaving us no time.
How do others make the time? How do people who have multiple kids at different ages home school? Am I really a failure when it comes to my kids education?
Sunday, January 4, 2009
Anyway, the above pictures are my latest e-bay find...I love shopping in the off season when you can score deals like this...10 outfits and this lady counts outfits, not pieces for $13.75 including shipping. Just over $1.30 each, which I think is a STEAL!!!! Of course some people have a thing with used clothes, but not I (most of my boys clothes are re-sale/e-bay/ or craigslist or are gifts) and I really don't think Katie will either. You can't find prices that low in the re-sale shops. The only prices I have seen lower are at Value Village on 99 cent Monday's...and I am not into draging my kids around a store and looking over everything three times. Yes, you take a chance on e-bay that the person is honest, but after using it for 8 + years, I have only had 1 problem and the person corrected it right away. So, Katie, I hope your little girl likes these clothes because she is stuck with them now...LOL