Thursday, January 29, 2009

Pioneer Woman, I am Not

I felt the need for some thearpy.

Sweet Potato Muffins with Raisins

1 large sweet potato (I used 8 oz sweet potato natural fries steamed)
3 cups flour
1 TBS baking powder
1 egg
1 cup butter, melted
1 cup milk
1/2 cup raisins
1/4 cup sugar
pinch of salt


1. Cook Sweet Potatoes until tender, peel and mash
2. Preheat oven to 425. Sift flour and baking powder over mashed potatoes add pinch of salt and egg.


3. Stir in butter and milk. Add raisins just until everything comes together.


4. Spoon into muffin cups (makes 12 - 20)


5. Bake for 25 minutes until golden.




(taken from The Complete Illustrated Potato and Rice Bible)

2 comments:

  1. YUM!!!
    I am going to have to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I must admit that I think they have too much butter, but you need some sort of liquid. I might go with half the butter and then 1/2 c apple sauce.

    ReplyDelete