Tuesday, January 18, 2011
The Middle Place by Kelly Corrigan is part memoir of her childhood and her closeness with her dad and part her journey through cancer. It is billed as a book on how we when we grow up we are adults/parents, but part someones child and how we get over that to just be an adult.
I found this book to be a very easy and short read. Nothing too taxing, but at the same time I am not sure the book every really shows us how she made the change from the two part world of child/parent to being a real adult. I love how close she and her dad are and how they support each other through both her cancer and his. You can feel the love coming off the pages. Maybe this is more about her memories of him, since he is battling cancer for the 4th time, then it really is about her.
All in all, good read and recommended.
Tuesday, January 11, 2011
Monday, January 10, 2011
Friday, January 7, 2011
Sunday, January 2, 2011
Saturday, January 1, 2011
This year, I am going to try the following:
1. Continue to try and get in shape and eat right (action=20/20 program)
2. To read one non-fiction book a month (action = get list going at library)
3. Try a new craft at least once a quarter (action = see "crafts" favorites folder)
4. To make time to craft once a month (action = set time on calendar)
5. To try again to send one snail mail a month (action = make cards & set recipient)
Out of all of these, #4 & #5 will be the most difficult. If you remember last year I made #5 a goal too....I got through the first half of the month, but summer came and it fell by the wayside. I am hoping by making the cards and putting in my calendar that I can do better at this.