Thursday, January 2, 2014

One Little Word: Authentic

Wow, it has sure been awhile since I have written here.  So many, many things have changed over the course of the last year and a half.  Kids have grown, jobs have changed....

This year I instead of trying resolutions (because as much as I try to keep them, I never make it to the end of the year and always feel that I have somehow failed or let myself and/or others down) I am going to focus on One Little Word.  My word for the year is :


Authentic


Why Authentic, well, as I go through this wonderful class that I found to guide me we shall find out why.  So, for now, I am not going to get into it.

I did want to share the cover of my book/journal.  I am still not sure what format this will take, but it is a start.

 
 
The picture is from this past summer's hike on Mt. Rainier that I edited.  To me this is a place as Authentic as it gets; pure raw beauty
 


This first page is where you make your word visible, define it, and gather synonyms for your word to help you find more ways to bring it into your life.  I do have to say that I was surprised that one of the synonyms was dependable.  I would have never said that being dependable was authentic, but it appeared in almost every entry.  Well, if that is the case, I am well on my way since I do know that a lot of people view me as dependable (sometimes too much so).  I was also supposed to find a photo of myself that displays how we look trying to do/be our word for the year.  I chose this picture taken by my friend, Kelly.  We were in Atlanta together and there were no expectations from others who thought they did or did not know me.  We were just goofing around having a great time.  I swear that sometimes Kelly and I share a brain because there were these overgrown weeds next to the path that kept attacking me and at the same time we thought of the same picture.  I was already moving into position as she was getting her camera out.  I feel this captures me being Authentic because it is something that not many people in my day to day life would expect me to do.  I feel that I am so serious because it is expected of me that I have a hard time finding who I really am anymore where I live and the people that I interact with on a daily basis....but we are getting ahead of ourselves and I guess I have a head start on the next page.  That however will take a bit more work before I share it.

While I have no idea if anyone reads this anymore, I thought I would throw it out there.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Hannah, I would love to follow along on your journey on becoming more authentic. And you're right, I would have never pictured you playing in the weeds :) I hope you continue to post links on fb as you update your blog. Or please email the link to me if you decide to not keep the fb world updated. Best wishes on your journey. Life can be tough on us, especially when we want to fit in, be accepted and please people (me too!) Perhaps the real Hannah will be making an appearance at the cookie exchange this year :)

    ReplyDelete