Thursday, July 5, 2018

July Color Block of the Month

This month's color combo was a weird one....yellow-green....you mean like puke green....kinda.  This would not have been my first choice of color.  I have a plethora of green in my stash from two past projects, but I had a hard time finding 3 fabrics that would work.  If it had been dark green, not a problem.  It took several tries to come up with the right combo. In fact, I was in the fabric store getting fabric for a different project and ended up looking in the remnant bin.  Guess what, I got lucky!  There was a small piece of a lighter green-yellow for less than $2.

While this Block of the Month is being devised by Patterns by Jen (and you can see her block here), I chose to make the block that was designed by Powered By Quilting.  It is funny, I seem to have this every other month thing going on between these two wonderful designers.  Even though I bought some fabric for this block, the bulk of the block was made up of scraps, which means that I had limited amounts of the colors.  It also meant that I had to rearrange the colors to fit what size fabric I had left.  I am loving this block that is the result!


No comments:

Post a Comment