Monday, February 4, 2019

2019 Color Block of the Month - February

This month I am a rebel....a color rebel....you see, I have two boys and I just don't own a lot of pink fabric.  When I looked at Jen's color listing I noticed that there was only 1 pink month.  Remembering that  I wanted to have things a bit more cohesive I went in search of a different color.    The color inspiration for February was a carnation and there were tons of images on Pinterest.  I looked for one that was a yellow because yellow was another color that only had one month.  I also wasn't in love with the pattern, so I tried three colors to highlight the center pinwheel to see if I could add a bit of interest.

Here are my inspiration pictures:

https://wallpaper-tadka.com/2014/05/20/yellow-orange-color-carnation-flower/

https://globalrose.com/flowers/carnations-yellow-qty.html


Here is my block based on these colors (it is hard to see, but the pinwheel has just the slightest bit of orange):


No comments:

Post a Comment