Wednesday, October 24, 2018

October Color BOM - Blue/Purple

Coming on the heels of September when the color was Red/Purple, this month's color challenge was indeed that...a challenge.  I was thinking blueberry colors....blues so dark they looked purple.  I definitely had some help with the fabrics this month.  A huge shout-out to my friend, Molly, for providing half of the fabric for this month's challenge.  Here is the block:


The designer of this month's block is Jen from Patterns by Jen and you can find it here.  You can find out more about the color challenge in general here.  Now, when you look at the directions and my block you might see a little divergence....well, I found the directions to be a tad confusing and I would label the fabrics A, B, C, & D instead of trying to rely on your memory as to which fabric was which shade of blue/purple.  While I like the block and am not taking it out to put fabrics in the correct place, I think it would have been better had I followed the directions exactly.  What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment